General Guidelines for using the RIPL Marks by Developers
The RIPL graphics, logos, badges, designs, page headers, button icons, and scripts are trademarks, service marks and trade dress of RIPL in India and other countries (the "RIPL Marks"). We support and encourage ideas, services, and tools that utilize and supplement the RIPL services. However, we are quite serious about protecting our reputation and brand identity.
RIPL must be able to assure the public that only the products and services offered,
sponsored, or endorsed by RIPL actually bear the RIPL Marks. Trademark law requires that we not only
protect against improper use of the RIPL Marks, but also protect against use of confusingly similar
In order for you to help us protect our RIPL Marks, we ask the following:-
Things you must do when given permission to use RIPL Marks:
- If you are using a RIPL trademark, distinguish the trademark from the surrounding text in some way. Capitalize the first letter, capitalize or italicize the entire mark, place the mark in quotes, use a different type style or font for the mark than for the generic name.
- If you do not capitalize the entire mark, always spell and capitalize the trademark exactly as they are shown in the RIPL Trademarks.
- Use the trademark only as an adjective, never as a noun or verb, and never in the plural or possessive form.
- Use a generic term following the trademark.
- Use only RIPL approved artwork when using RIPL's logos.
- If you are using a RIPL logo on a web page, there must exist a minimum spacing of 25 pixels between each side of the logo and other graphic or textual elements on your web page.
Things not permitted to do with RIPL Marks:
- Do not incorporate our RIPL Marks or any other confusingly similar marks into your domain names, screen names, website names, or trademarks.
- Do not alter or modify the RIPL Marks, including adding other terms to the RIPL Marks to create new words or changing a single element of the RIPL Marks.
- Do not use the RIPL Marks as part of a name of a product or service of a company other than RIPL, except as otherwise expressly provided in a written agreement by RIPL.
- Do not use the RIPL Marks in a modified form, including an abbreviated form or in the plural or possessive form.
- Do not use the RIPL Marks in any manner that merges the RIPL Marks with other words, symbols, or numbers, either as one word or used as a modifier (with a hyphen).
- Do not use or display the RIPL Marks in a way that implies a relationship or affiliation with sponsorship or endorsement by RIPL.
- Do not use any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the RIPL Marks or the look and feel of the RIPL application or website.
- Don't use RIPL trademarks in a way that suggests a common, descriptive, or generic meaning.
- Don't register RIPL trademarks as second-level domain names.
- Do not use RIPL Marks in any manner that otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
- Trademark rights vary from country to country. Some countries have severe criminal and civil penalties for improper use of the registration symbol. Therefore, don't use the registration symbol (®) in countries where the mark has not been registered.
You shall ensure that the presentation of the RIPL Marks shall be consistent with RIPL's own use of the RIPL Marks in comparable media. From time to time, RIPL may provide you with guidelines for the size, typeface, colors and other graphic characteristics of the RIPL Marks, which, upon delivery to you, shall be deemed to be incorporated into this Trademark Guidelines.
Guidelines if you use the RIPL API in your application or service
If you use our API in your application or service, we require the following:-
- Read and follow this Trademark Guidelines.
- If your application or service displays any RIPL Marks associated with RIPL features and functionalities made available through the API, prominently include the statement: “This [application/service] uses the RIPL Application Programming Interface but is not endorsed or certified by RIPL. All of the RIPL logos (including all badges) and trademarks displayed on this [application/service] are the property of RIPL.”
Specific Trademark Guidelines for API Developers while using RIPL Trademarks
You are required to name your application appropriately and use RIPL trademarks in correct manner.
We put certain conditions on using the API and we have to frame rules for our
trademarks to make sure we don’t lose ownership of them. So, if you are going to be using our API,
are required to follow few rules which specify what you can and can’t do with our trademarks. We
appreciate this, and it helps to ensure that we will be able to distinguish our service from the
services and goods of others.
The following are the obligations and restrictions on the usage of our Trademark by API developers:
- You can’t use RIPL or any variation in your product name, domain name, or your own trademarked images.
- You can only use our logos in your apps or website where expressly allowed by our API documentation that means you can only use it where it makes sense, like as a link to download the official RIPL app, a link to send a RIPL notification to signify ownership in your app. However, you can’t put these logos or any variation in your own logos, trademark, app name or website; that really confuses users.
- If you use any of our logos, you must include the following statement on your application or website: "This [application/website] uses the RIPL application programming interface but is not endorsed or certified by RIPL. All of the RIPL logos (including all badges) and trademarks displayed on this [application/website] are the property of RIPL."
- RIPL may evaluate your use and decide whether that use violates any of the terms herein, at any time.
- Any use of the RIPL Marks shall inure to the benefit of RIPL. By using the RIPL Marks with RIPL's permission, you acknowledge RIPL's ownership of all the Applications and agree that you will not take any action which is inconsistent with RIPL's ownership.
- Questions and requests for permission can be submitted through the Contact Us page with complete samples of each proposed use.
- These Guidelines may be modified at any time by RIPL upon written notice to you.